This Policy applies to all personal information collected about you by AQSC when you do any of the following (collectively, the “Services”):
• use our overnight cruise services;
• communicate with us during any written, electronic, and oral communications;
• use our website https://www.aqsc.com.au/ and all corresponding webpages and websites that link to this Policy (the “Site”); and
• use any other features or content owned or operated by AQSC.
By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy and our Terms and Conditions. Unless otherwise defined in this Policy, the terms used in this Policy have the same meanings as in our Terms and Conditions. If you do not feel comfortable with any part of this Policy or our Terms and Conditions, you must not use or access our Services.
We may update our Policy from time to time, and we will notify you of any changes by posting the new Policy on this page. Changes to this Policy are effective when they are posted on this page. When we change the Policy in a material way, a notice will be posted on our Site along with the updated Policy, and we may also notify you in writing, which may or may not be by email.
1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information when you use our Services, create an account with us or submit personal information to us. As used in this Policy, personal information has the same meaning as it does under the applicable law, and generally includes any information that relates to you, identifies you personally or could be used to identify you, such as email address, first name and last name, phone number and address. The types of information that we may collect about you include, but are not limited to:
Information You Provide to Us
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us certain personal information. For example, on the guest information form, we may ask for your name, street address, email address, date of birth, and information regarding your government issued identification. When you contact us via contact us form on our Site, we may collect your name and email. When you pay for your tickets, we collect your payment card information as well as billing details.
Information About Your Use of Our Services
We may also collect information on how the Services are accessed and used. For example, we may collect:
• Device information, such as your hardware model, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, unique device identifiers, operating system version and settings of the device you use to access the Services. We use such information for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer the Site.
• Site usage information regarding customer traffic patterns and Site usage, such as the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit and the time spent on those pages. This information is used to analyze and improve this Site and to provide AQSC customers with a better user experience.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Services. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Information You Provide to Our Affiliates and Subsidiaries
We may get your personal information from a company controlled by or under common control with AQSC.
2. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Generally, we use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes: to make our Services function properly; to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Services; to collect passive information about your use of our Services; to measure how you interact with our marketing campaigns; to help us improve our Services; and to remember your preferences for your convenience.
Types of Cookies on Our Services
We may use the following types of cookies on our Services:
• Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential because they enable you to use our Services. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Services and can also be used for security purposes. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes. This category of cookies is essential for our Services to work and they cannot be disabled.
• Functional Cookies – We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Services to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences and various settings on our Services. We do not use functional cookies to target you with online marketing. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Services.
• Performance or Analytic Cookies – We may use third-party cookies to monitor and analyze the use of our Services. These cookies collect passive information about how you use our Services, including webpages you visit and links you click. We do not use these cookies to target you with online marketing. You can disable these cookies.
• Advertising or Targeting Cookies. These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. Our third-party advertising partners may use these cookies to build a profile of your interests and deliver relevant advertising on other sites. You may disable the use of these cookies as set forth below. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a current list of remarketing services we use.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. Presently, we use Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google LLC (“Google”) that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Other Tracking Technologies
To see how our Site is performing we sometimes use conversion beacons, tags, scripts and pixels, which fire a short line of code to tell us when you have clicked on a particular button or reached a particular page. We also use these tracking technologies to analyze usage patterns on our Site. The use of these technologies allows us to record that a particular device, browser, or application has visited a particular webpage.
Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Site by taking the steps outlined below:
• First-Party Cookies – You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. To disable or delete our cookies, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of our Services and parts of the Services may not work properly for you. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
• Third-Party Cookies – Modern browsers also allow you to block third-party cookies using the steps described above.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). DNT is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal information as described in this Policy or as disclosed to you prior to such processing taking place.
To Provide and Maintain Our Service
We will use your personal information to provide information or deliver Services that you request and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so. We may also use your information to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service. If the applicable information is to be provided or Service is to be performed by a third party, then we will disclose the applicable information to the third party providing the information or performing applicable Services. Your information may be available or provided to third-party service providers and contractors that are contractually obligated to protect your information as disclosed in this Policy.
To Provide You with Service-Related Communications
We will send you administrative or account-related information to notify you about changes to our Service. Such communications may include information about Policy updates, confirmations of your transactions, security updates or tips or other relevant transaction-related information. We process your contact information to send you such communications. Service-related communications are not promotional in nature. You are not able to unsubscribe from such communications, otherwise you may miss important developments relating to your account or the Services.
To Provide Customer Support or Respond to You
We collect any information that you provide to us when you contact us, such as with questions, concerns, feedback, disputes or issues. Without your Personal Information, we cannot respond to you or ensure your continued use and enjoyment of the Services.
To Send You Marketing and Promotional Emails
We may provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events. We may also use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you based on what you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
For Internal Use
We will use your information to monitor the usage of our Service and to detect, prevent and address technical issues. We may also use your information to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services and to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
To Enforce Compliance with Our Terms and Agreements or Policies
When you access or use our Services, you are bound to our Terms and Conditions and this Policy. To ensure you comply with them, we process your personal information by actively monitoring, investigating, preventing and mitigating any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Services. We also process your personal information to: investigate, prevent or mitigate violations of our internal terms, agreements or policies; enforce our agreements with third parties and business partners; and, as applicable, collect fees based on your use of our Services. We cannot perform our Services in accordance with our terms, agreements or policies without processing your personal information for such purposes.
To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Our Services are subject to certain laws and regulations which may require us to process your personal information. For example, we process your personal information to pay our taxes, to fulfill our business obligations, ensure compliance with employment and recruitment laws or as necessary to manage risk as required under applicable law. Without processing personal information ion for such purposes, we cannot perform the Services in accordance with our legal and regulatory requirements.
4. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information as described below.
Within Our Corporate Organization
AQSC is a part of a corporate organization that has many legal entities, business processes, management structures and technical systems. AQSC may share your personal information with this organization in order to provide you with the Services and take actions based on your request.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency). We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation.
• To protect and defend the rights or property of AQSC, its officers, directors, parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public.
• To protect against legal liability.
5. Transfer of Personal Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to United States and process it there. Your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
We will take all the steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and no transfer of your personal information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
The security of your personal information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Our security measures include industry-standard physical, technical and administrative measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your information, to maintain data accuracy, to ensure the appropriate use of information, and otherwise safeguard your personal information. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
8. Links to Other Websites
9. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you would like to be removed from our marketing database, please send your email address, mailing address and most recent form of marketing material you received.